Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Some Music I Grew Up On

I know this has nothing to do w/ Christmas, but I feel like I need to say it anyway.
Alright... I have something to say... I've heard tons of people make fun of him and slam him, but I am totally down with this guy. It is hard for me to explain how amazing I think this guys voice and music are... I remember when I was just a little tyke in Okinawa I would take my little sing along tape player and take my mom's tapes of this guy and totally sing my heart out. Listening to Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Amy Grant, Cindy Morgan, and this guy are how I taught myself how to sing. (Though I had some great influences, I didn't turn out so well...) I have recently started listening to some of this guy's stuff again and now am falling in love all over again... In my opinion, this guy quite possibly has some of the best love songs (Including lyrics) of all time... And I don't say that lightly.
Here is one of my favorite songs of all time... Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Bolton:

6 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

Who's slamming Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman?!?!?! I love their music. Great singers they are.
I've heard Time, Love and Tenderness before... I just read the lyrics though. GREAT song.

marnmic said...

Hannah, no one is making fun of MWS or SCC...it's Michael Bolton that people make fun of....that was where Michael was going with that. People make fun of Michael Bolton all the time, but I have always liked most of his stuff.

Colin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 80s, dude. I saw the hair and just lost it (and all the girls swooning in the front row was hilarious, too). I knew you were alright, after all. ;-)

But, no, I'm not making fun of it. I actually rather like it.

I just checked out the lyrics, too. Aye, 'tis pretty good indeed.

P.S. The guitarist looks like Bob Hartman from Petra, LOL.

Daddy's lil girl said...

I swear you make me feel more blonde every day Mrs. Knipp.lol But thank you for the clarification.

Randomanda said...

lol...check out that hair!
I do like this song though.

Janie said...

Gotta love the hair, I mean there's so much of it to love. I just looked up the lyrics, and they are good, I guess I've heard the song before, because I knew what he was going to saw next.
10 DAYS!!!