Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Most Honest Recording

I just recorded (By suggestion from a friend) "You Give Love a Bad Name". I feel that it is one of my most honest recordings. Instead of recording it a million times trying to have the house perfectly quiet or trying to get all the parts right, I recorded this one on the second try through. As a result, there are voices in the background (Including one of my mom yelling at me telling me to shut up... Ah... so goes the amatuer recording life... everyone's a critic), but I don't think I sound sick of singing the same song over and over trying to get it perfect. Another thing about it, I normally have a set way I'm going to play a song before I record it. This one I just kinda made up as I went along, with only a general direction of where I was going. This recording one was of my favorites to make because of the simplicity of it. I just went with the flow and tried to put my own little spin on the song.
As a result of this, the listeners of the song (Sorry everyone) are probably going to hate it. Lol... from my mom's yelling, I've already proved that once. Then there's the problem of length. You'll probably be sick of it after the first 30 seconds (If not sooner) so you might not even notice, but this is definately my longest recording to date... So I apologize to everyone beforehand, BUT I feel that I needed to get this off. I will probably lose all my listeners I have developed thus far, but I felt I need to show everyone that this is what recording is really like. The honest way.

4 comments:

Janie said...

It was good, I listened to thre whole thing(!!!!), I'm glad that you finaly recorded it after just singing it for so long.

4 Mondays!!

Daddy's lil girl said...

Actually I loved that one! It just may be one of the best ones you've ever done. Your voice was amazing. Lol I heard someone yell "MICHAEL!!" But it sounded like Maddie... maybe it was your Mom I don't know. But the door slam was pretty funny. You put a lot of soul into this one, I think you should do it 'honestly' more often. ;)

Randomanda said...

I really liked this one. You did a really good job...I'm glad that you decided to record it. The background noise was really funny too...lol

Colin said...

In some respects, I liked this version better than Bon Jovi's. :-P :-)

And I like 6 minute songs, as you well know.... ;-)