Friday, August 10, 2007

World's of Fun

Okay... Yesterday, I went with my youth group to World's of Fun. I must say that it was pretty stinking amazing! We left the church bright and early at 7:00. I don't remember when we arrived at the park, but we split up into little groups. Well... The boys all went together at first making it a large group. (lol) We rode some various rides. For some reason, since I've grown older, I really don't have any fear of roller coasters or rides or heights or anything like that... (I keep my fears for bugs and stuff) so it wasn't a huge thing that I rode all the thriller rides of the park (Which, compared to "real" theme parks, are pretty weak). But the biggest thing about the youth group World's of Fun trip is that you go for the fellowship with friends, not for thrills on the rides!
The group changed a little later on to being just me, Josh, Kelly Nupson, and Krista Jaques. We hung around and rode some various stuff but the groups eventually went back to the big guys thing again.
I had some weenie friends that got tired of riding rides (Or hurt, or sick) so I eventually joined a small group with Andrew Emory and Jimmy Teutschmann. I never really hang out with Jimmy much, but he can be pretty funny and cool. It was a cool experience! Lol... he even taught me a lesson. You're never too old to use your imagination, but more about that l8r.
We started just going around the park and just riding the rides as we came to them. One of the funniest parts is where Jimmy and Andrew started acting like two unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn... Lol... "We're on a magical ride Michael" "Yeah.... a magical ride." And I was like, "Shut up guys. You know there's no such thing as a magical ride" to which they responded "Shun the unbeliever" "Shhhuuuunnnn" Lol.
We eventually worked our way back to one of the roller coasters known as The Patriot. We rode it and about midway through, Jimmy was like... "Hey, let's pretend we're Spider-Man!" Me being the grown up teenager I pretend to act like was first a little reluctant, but when I did, it was SOOOO fun! You could actually feel like you were flying through the air on a web. It's the first time I've really used my imagination like that in a long time! We rode a couple other rides pretending to be Spider-Man on them too! It was sooo fun!
The way home was fun as well! We started the night off with some Irish Drinking songs (One of which was pretty stinking funny). We pretty much sang the entire way home! It was way cool! Unfortunately my voice was destroyed from screaming on the rides, though I must say I did a pretty good Lean On Me. (lol)
I was so tired from the day that I just came home and crashed... It was worth it though. I would do it again everyday!

6 comments:

marnmic said...

sounds like a great time...wish Marcus and i could have gone with you!

Daddy's lil girl said...

I was wondering where you were the whole time.lol It was very fun! Now I understand what you and Jimmy were talking about in the van. I didn't know you lost your voice...I lost mine too. Stinky. That's cool that you were able to 'be a kid again' with Jim and Andrew. I kinda did the same thing with the girls... that was fun! It's gonna be way fun next year too!

Janie said...

That sounds like so much fun

Randomanda said...

That sounds like alot of fun...I wish I could have come with you guys!

Anonymous said...

that pretty sweet! i forgot about jimmy and andrew and krista! they were so little when i saw them last! but it sounds like you had a fun group! i wish you guys could come to six flags with us!
~H~

Unknown said...

Michael...I enjoy using my imagination...and I'm 37...LOL!!!