Thursday, August 2, 2007

Portable Sounds by Tobymac

I just bought Portable Sounds by Tobymac this morning and finshed the whole thing while mowing a lawn earlier. Here is what I have to say about the cd:

Overall, this thing is pretty mellow. I think that my mom would love this cd (She usually doesn't like the cds I listen to because they are too hard), but this one is softer. (Especially compared to Momentum and even some of Diverse City) There aren't any really "Get Crunk" tracks on the cd, but it is still pretty good. It seems to have a very unique feel.
True to form, Tobymac nails the lyrics. They are all amazing! They all relate to God or spiritual things in one way or another! (That is a good thing by the way... lol).
There weren't really any amazing tracks that stuck in my head that I loved a ton, but when the cd was finished, I almost wished there was more... I really liked the last track a lot...

For fans of Tobymac, it's a little different, but you should like it... If you are wondering, there is another Tru Dog track (It's pretty funny... he goes "old School" for a second).

6 comments:

crashed yet lived said...

Ya Mathew has the cd and I've listened to it I thought it was pritty good but then again you never know what ill say to any song.^_^

Daddy's lil girl said...

Sounds cool, I'll have to listen to it sometime.

Randomanda said...

Sounds like a pretty good cd...I should go buy it....

Unknown said...

Michael, I got this CD the day it was released (I went through a big ordeal to get it too...LOL). Anyway, I agree with you about it being more mellow, but there are several tracks that I enjoy. My favorites on any tobymac CD are the trudog tracks. I just think he's cute. But as far as toby's stuff...I love Boomin' and made to love. both of those have a catchy tune to them. Another one of my favorites is ignition. There's something about that song that hit me and it has become one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I have the new Toby cd too. I haven't listened to all of it yet, but I love what I've heard so far!

ultradust@gmail.com said...

Hi! I made a new Tobymac News blog (haha) and I intend to make it the most up to date blog about the band. Come and visit.
Leave a comment so I can link to you.

Thanks!
Anna.


http://tobymac-made-to-love.blogspot.com/