Saturday, May 12, 2007

What Happened at My Dad's B-day Party and My Piano Rectial

Well... the piano recital went really well. I was extremely nervous and all, but I didn't make any massively noticable mistakes... (BTW, TY for all of my companions who came and watched... the emotional support really does help!) The worst thing was that I had to play the soft pedal on this one song and I was so nervous that my leg was shaking and it was effecting my playing. I had to lean into my leg that way it would quit shaking... Also, the fact that when I'm nervous I sweat more sweat then I normally shower in doesn't help much. Also, Jared and my duet went pretty well. We stayed together and I don't think we really messed up too much. Granted, we didn't give it as much soul as we do just normally, but hey... nerves do bad things... The coolest part was that afterwords we got to climb this massive dirt pile and run down and climb it again over and over... It was sooooo tight! The first time I went down the hill I pulled a faceplant in the mud... Wicked sweet! Also, props go to Hannah who did it even though she was wearing nice clothes.
After getting all dirtied up we came back to my house for my dad's b-day party. We had some cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday... It was pretty good. Also, me and my buddies sang some songs w/ Elmer. We started to play manhunt, but all of the party guests had to leave. How unfortunate... Anyways... It all went good. My dad is getting a new chair for his b-day. He hasn't picked it out yet though... He'll like it I'm sure.

2 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

That was such a fun night! The recital was really good and honestly you didn't seem TOO nervous. You did great! =) lol the dirt pile was amazing! I can't believe I actually did that, but it was fun nonetheless! I wish we could have played manhunt longer but hey all in all an amazing night!
I thought you dad already had his 'special chair'....lol

crashed yet lived said...

sounds like you had fun tell your dad happy b-day for me ok.