Monday, May 14, 2007

WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness

The game came out in 1995, but my dad waited awhile before he got it. (I don't exactly know how long) The game became very popular among me and my younger friends. (At the time we were about 5 or 6 years old). My dad would not allow me to play the actual game because it was rather violent (Comparitively for the day, plus I was too little), but he made up some scenerios that me and my friends would play over and over. Over the years the game was fogotten and got buried in a closet where it was never played, but upon cleaning, I discovered it. I remembered all the memories that I had playing this game, and even though I didn't know what the game was about, I wanted to play it.
I took out the instruction manual and have since, read it cover to cover numerous times, but my computer would not allow me to play it... It was very disapointing to say the least. Nevertheless, we have recently aquired a new computer in this household and I tried out the game. It worked! I was overjoyed. I have recently played and beaten the first three levels on the human campain. Though extremely simple to play, the storyline on this game is massively deep. (A quality that I strongly desire in the games I choose to play). While on the outside, it appears to be a normal human vs. orcs game, it is much more, and I am enjoying taking the side of the valiant humans trying to defend the nation of Azeroth against the savage, blood-thirsty Horde. I will keep everyone updated as to what is happening in Azeroth as it pans out.

2 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

Lol you were cleaning?..that's a new one..lol jk that's very interesting about your game... well for you. =) I hope ya beat it soon! I can tell you like very in depth games...do you brush your teeth while playing it?..lol
And in response to what you posted on my blog... thank you for the comment first of all. I know it was early and I couldn't spell....my bad.lol And how can you not like Walk to Remember?! That is like one of the greatest movies! But I do know which movie you do like...

crashed yet lived said...

i heard to talking about the game on sunday and from what you wrote about it hear it sounds cool hope ya have fun playing it.