Monday, September 10, 2007

In Reguards to Myself

Ah... the fun must always come to an end.

Summer, like all other seasons must eventually become fall, and the school break itself must eventually be broken and life must continue again. Many good things have happened this summer, and I'm pretty sure it has been the best summer of my entire life. I have gone many special places - Mexico, California, Hawaii, Ohio. I have made many new friends, and reunited with old ones. The summer was a blast with all the people I hung out with, the movies I watched, the music I listened to, and the books I read, but with the privilages I have gained while growing up, I have also gained many responsibilites. The fun always must come to an end.

The Wilson girls leaving was not only sad because of the fact that they were leaving. The departure of the girls brought in the next chapter of my life, my junior year of high school. Last week I started my classes at the community college, and this week I have started my school classes at home. On Saturdays I must now work at the soccer fields refereeing games for spare cash. I no longer have large amounts of free time which I can use freely and pleasureably without plan or reason. The time has come where life must be directed by a strict schedule and pleasure becomes a privilege rather than a right. The fun must always come to an end.

I look on my life and realize that I am growing up. I am now a 16 year old male. The odds dictate that I will leave home for college in 2 more years and then begin to live a life that includes me getting a job and possibly a family. Very rarely will I ever again have time like I did this summer to take a break from life and have such a good time. The fun must always come to an end.

However, instead of being extremely depressed about my situation, I believe that it would be better to look at life through a different perspective. Do all people get to have any time where they can have an entire summer of carefree fun? Many people in third-world countries must work at my age and never get to experience all of the joy I have had in my life. God has blessed me with an entirely great life overall and has given me a wonderful family and friends. Instead of complaining and begging for more of something that not everyone has a right to, I should be greatful to God for all of the blessings He has bestowed upon me. All the fun was from God in the first place.

I have already said it, but I would like to re-emphisize that not everyone has the blessings that I have in my life. There are many homeless, friendless, foodless... Funless. It's not all about fun anway.

I use this moment to thank God for everything that I have. For my life, my family, my friends. For my home, my money, my dog. For my talents, for my church, and for His Son, the Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and for His Word. I also thank God for the fun I have had this summer, and for the fun that I will have in the future. For the fun that is not a right, but a gift from God. A gift that I don't deserve, but He has given to me anyway. Thank You.

(On a much less serious note: Does anyone other than Amanda notice anything weird about some of the titles of my blog posts?... lol)

6 comments:

Colin said...

Amen, and brava. :-)

Janie said...

yeah..."what a strange and ever-changing thing life is"(I think I read that somewhere)...but really, just thinking about how blessed we are is weird...I mean why us.....




"but with the privilages I have gained while growing up, I have also gained many responsibilites." *cough*Spiderman

Daddy's lil girl said...

Wow, that was deep, but very touching. AMEN! God has given us SO much to be thankful for and sometimes we loose sight of that. Thanks for reminding all of us of the great things God has done in all of our lives.

*Yeah I did notice the titles on your blog.lol Trying to get a message of some sort across or something?

Maddie Monk said...

That is great Manuel! I am very proud of you! Love ya and I will miss you in two years

Randomanda said...

That was really good...and so true. We are extremely blessed!

marnmic said...

you made me cry when I read this, Sug. I sent it to Daddy. He is glad you have a good perspective of things.
Love you!