Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rubix Cube

There was a homeschool meeting for the Wilson's homeschool group here today and there was this 12 year old boy with a Rubix cube. I watched him from across the backyard solve the thing in about 30 seconds. This kid was amazing! I've heard about and seen people on tv that are beasts at those things, but I've never seen someone that good in real life! It was way tight! He said his fastest time was 25 seconds. The coolest thing was that he said he just started within 12 months! He said he practiced a lot (Obviously). I've never solved one of those in my life, but now I might pull mine back out and try again. He said there are websites that teach you formulas for how to do them... I'll have to look those up...

4 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

That's really cool! Rubix cubes are sooo neat! That'd be amazing if you could learn how to do them... =P

Anonymous said...

12 years old? wow, if he can do a rubix cube in 25 seconds using mathematical formulas and patterns, i feel way dumb struggling with simple chem stuff...wow

Anonymous said...

There was a kid in my Latin class that was AMAZING at those things! However, he was a sopomore and is soon 2 be a junior. He also thought that it was a privilege to meet him, not fun.

-Becca

Anonymous said...

Dude, I think that the fastest time is like 23.something seconds. That is amazing for a twelve year old