Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Even Stevens

Well... I'm kinda sad now. I was doing some research on my absolute favorite show of all time today (Even Stevens) and found out why it was cancelled. It seems that there is an unspoken yet mostly followed "Disney 65 Episode Clause" or something like that. Apparently, to avoid stagnation and the like, (Even though the show was very popular) after 65 episodes, Disney often ends there shows (Plus that's the needed number for syndication). So, the show ended because of some stupid clause that had nothing to do w/ what the fans wanted. I feel like suing or something, but it's a little late as the actors from that show are in their 20s now and it would be weird for them to go back to high shool. It just seems depressing to me that the best show ever put on the television was cancelled because of some stupid clause. Also, something else that was making me feel down was that I've now seen 62 of the 65 episodes. There are only 3 that I haven't seen. It's just really harshing my mellow when I start to realize that my favorite show only lasted 3 seasons and I've nearly come to the end of seeing all the new ones that will ever come to existence. I'm telling to what though... if they come out on DVD. I will be one of the first people to buy them...
All my Even Stevens people give me a comment w/ your thoughts!

2 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

WHAT A BUMMER! you're right that was, and still is, a fantastic show and it's a shame it was taken off air. I'm sorry =( But hey at least they still show it on tv. =) Smile Jesus love you! even if the people on Disney channel don't.

Anonymous said...

I'm sad too. I loved that show, it was so funny. I think I've already seen all the episodes, that really stinks. Disney channel is so messed up!