Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Basketball Banquet

Last night was my basketball team's annual banquet. It was where we thanked pretty much everyone even remotely involved w/ the program and ate and watched a highlight film. It was pretty neat... People always complain that it is too long though... In my opinion... they should just plan for a minimum of 3 hours, because it takes at least that long after all the coaches talk, everyone eats, and the 40 minute highlight film is over.

The food was pretty good. Some of the goodest stuff were the tacos and enchiladas, but there were countless other foods there that were delicious.

The highlight film was pretty good. It was made like a documentary on the discovery channel about a new speices of "Roadrunners" (Our team name). Some of it was funny, some of it sad, some of it extremely cool!

I sat at a table w/ almost all of my JV team. It was pretty cool seeing some of them again (not that it wasn't cool to see others, but some of them I see semi-frequently outside of basketball)

Anyway... by the time the thing ended, I was dead tired. I had been up late the night before and woke up at 6... I was ready to go home.

3 comments:

Daddy's lil girl said...

Sounds like a fun night! I love the pics....real sharp! =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like allot of fun...nice pictures, my dad saw them and said "Hey, that looks like Michael...but he's wearing a tie" I'm not sure what he meant by that...lol

Anonymous said...

haha that was a great night... I wanted to wear my jeans and nebraska t-shirt again but i wasn't allowed..... =( lol