Monday, December 17, 2007

In Response to My Last Post

The reason I have decided to stop recording is pretty simple. How long can people listen to an unexperienced teenager play cheap covers poorly before his welcome is worn out? There are already millions of people who can do that all over the world, and people can only take so much before they turn. While accepted at first, cover artists can quickly become old news and unwelcome. In short, I have retired for both mine and my listeners sake. For my listeners ears, and my dignity, I lay down my microphone.
In response to Hannah, no. It's not anything about my audience. (Of around 4 people... lol). Releasing a cd was last in my thoughts. I decided to quit before people became tired of hearing me. Save some time before I truly become a burnout. How many times can you listen to my covers before they just get old. Not even worth putting on a cd
In response to Colin... Lol. A good old quote from It's A Wonderful Life puts a smile on my face, though touched is not quite the word I think about when I think of what people get when they listen to my recordings. On the other hand, of course we can still jam! I do not want to put my guitar down for good. I just don't want to make other people feel like they have to listen to it. lol
In response to your sympathy, thank you, but it is unneeded. I'm doing you guys a favor in the long run!
I must say though. It was nice to have my entire dedicated audience comment on my farewell post. Thanks guys!
Once again, Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Janie said...

This might sound a little weird, but, "You talk about yourself as if you were someone else" and you didn't thing every highly of the other person that you were speaking of. As for all your listeners (at least a 4th of them) it would sure take a lot of songs for us to get tired of them. Just don't go on thinking that you ahould end everything like this, dieing when you are 47, you should have some cheese. I understand you though, just don't think that we just listened to your music because we didn't want to hurt your feelings, I for one enjoyed them lots....

Janie said...

*dying

Colin said...

*sigh

Concur with Bethany, but still, I understand where you're coming from. I get frustrated with my own recordings, too. Most of them are pretty cool the first few times around, but alot of them have mistakes that wear on ya after repeated listenings. There are only a couple of my own recordings that I'm as perfectly happy with as possible with the equipment I'm using. Oh, well. 'Twas fun, dude. And if you decide to start again, let us know. :-D

Randomanda said...

I agree with Beth...have some cheese!