Monday, April 2, 2007

The Snac

There was a SNAC with my youth(sunday night after church) where the youth group goes over to someone's house and eats and plays and just has a really good time while making a lot of noise.
Last night was a pretty cool one, first there was like a 7 foot baskeball hoop that I could do some pretty sweet dunks on. Me and my friend Steven were doing some pretty tight alley oops and stuff.
After I got all nasty and sweaty, I decided to go inside and borrow a guitar. The rest of the night for me was just a music fest. I tried to play some requests (the ones I could remember) and I always love playing guitar when other people can sing w/ me. One of the songs we sang was Company Car (Switchfoot). I don't think I've posted any recording of that song on the site probably because it is way to high for me to sing on any given day. Maybe some day I'll tune my guitar down or something and try to sing it. I played some Every Little Thing, a little bit of California, I even did some of Rebirthing which is the song I will record w/ my friend when she visits from Texas. I just love playing guitar and having people sing w/ me.
On the way home from the snac was pretty fun too because we got to sing even more. For most of the trip is was a big soul fest where we got to add soul to some of our favorite songs. This included Amazing Grace, I'll Fly Away, That Old Time Religon, Swing Low, The Solid Rock, and of course, Lean on Me! (And yes, I did do the rap part). Anyways... I have to get ready for my piano lesson. Peace Out!

No comments: