Tuesday, March 27, 2007

How it Went Down

Ok... I haven't had a chance to talk about the Portable Sounds concert I went to. I'll start off w/ saying... IT WAS THE BEST PWNING CONCERT I'VE EVER BEEN TO IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! (I have been to quite a few considering I'm only 16).

It all started w/ Family Force 5. Not many people seemed to know who they were. They are a reletively new band. Anyway, they definately held their own on the stage out there. They ROCKED! (I already had heard some of their stuff because I like to listen to new artists). They came out w/ Replace Me, which is one of my favorite songs, but my favorite song they did was Luv Addict. I have had it stuck in my head ever since the concert.

Next up was Building 429. It was a big contrast. Straight from FF5 heavier crunkiness to soft melodious worship songs. I must say, it was very good. It was nice to have a little break and sing some worship songs, though I have heard some more upbeat things that they do and I would have liked to hear some of that too.

TFK was next! Very Impressive. I am already a light TFK fan (I don't have any of their cds), but I do enjoy a lot of their songs from what I've heard from friends and the like. They came out w/ the Art of Breaking. I didn't really care for this song too much, but others seemed to enjoy it... maybe it was just because I haven't listened to that one a whole lot. The best songs they did were Move, Absolute, and Rawkfist, which are my favorite songs that they do! It was pretty amazing. I hadn't been standing up yet, but when Absolute came, I was on my feet!

Tobymac... the headliner. What can I say. He's the most practiced preformer I've ever seen and it showed. It was a spectacular presentation, from the lights, to the songs, to the jokes... There's not a lot you can say about it...!

1 comment:

Daddy's lil girl said...

That was a pretty amazing first concert! But you forgot the best part.... I got to go! =)